[squeak-dev] [PSA] Squeak 6.0 | The Dates
marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon May 2 09:26:01 UTC 2022
Hi all --
The connectivity to source.squeak.org is not good at the moment.
We did a recent upgrade to use Squeak 5.3 and OSVM RC3 (20220419), which might require a little bit more effort to make things smooth again.
If the issues persist throughout this week, we will move the deadlines.
Am 25.04.2022 09:58:29 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
Hi all! --
Let's do this.
- Feature Freeze on May 6, 23:59 AOE
-> 11 days to go
- Beta testing until May 15, 23:59 AOE
-> 20 days to go
- Picking a release candidate until May 18, 23:59 AOE
-> 23 days to go
The current state of tests can be found here:
Download the latest squeak-app bundles from here:
- http://files.squeak.org/6.0beta/ (after May 6)
- http://files.squeak.org/6.0rc1/ (after May 15)
Please report bugs here on squeak-dev or on GitHub:
After the Feature Freeze, this will happen in the Trunk Update Stream:
- Unload 60Deprecated via postload-script
- Adapt "SqueakVersion" to keep build number stable
- Add "Load deprecated methods" to preference wizard
- Update update map to not include 60Deprecated anymore
After the release, this will happen in the Trunk Update Stream:
- Add new 61Deprecated package
- Trunk open for the features again
! Discuss the critical ones via Inbox as usual
Meanwhile, the release versions of all packages will be copied over to source.squeak.org/squeak60.
P.S.: Here is the previous info on the release planning: http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2022-March/219520.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Squeak-dev