[squeak-dev] [Cuis-dev] Bug in Class>>#removeClassVarName:

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Tue May 3 13:42:38 UTC 2022

Thanks for taking a look. I cannot reproduce it now, but this is what
happened to me: I had a class with two class variables like

Object subclass: #X
    instanceVariableNames: ‘’
    classVariableNames: 'A B'
    poolDictionaries: ''
    category: 'Test'

Then I created class Y with two class variables with the same names A and
B. Then I tried to move X to be a subclass of Y removing A and B from the
definition of X like:

Y subclass: #X
    instanceVariableNames: ‘’
    classVariableNames: ''
    poolDictionaries: ''
    category: 'Test'

And at this point I would get the dialog asking if I wanted to move them to
Undeclared, but no matter what I responded the class variables where not
removed from X. So I had to inspect and remove them manually and then
recompile all the methods in X.

I wish I could reproduce it, I should have saved a copy of the image.

Thanks,
Luciano