[squeak-dev] Review Request: fix-busyWait-precision.1.cs

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri May 6 09:59:10 UTC 2022

Hi Christoph --

Do want you think is best. I think that you are familiar with many of the constraints and best practices by now.

And don't forget about the tests. :-)

Best,
Marcel
Am 06.05.2022 11:44:13 schrieb Thiede, Christoph <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:
Hi Marcel,

> > Fixes #busyWait for durations < 1 milliSecond. [...]
>
> Again, adding this kind of precision is a new feature. Not a fix of a bug or regression.

But it's the use case for which I originally proposed #busyWait. Maybe we should discuss the complete removal of that selector if you are afraid of too many problems with it?

> If you want to simulate some work in the context of a TestCase, why not implement something there? Why should the base system support #busyWait at all?

It was not in the context of a test case but just a scripting/profiling aid in the interactive system. Similar to #inspectOnce/#haltOnce, which are also not used in production code.

Best,
Christoph