[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-mt.515.mcz

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:35:25 UTC 2022

Hi all,

How does the File List "know" that an image file is a Form, and therefore
to send the file services message(s) to the Form class? It seems that this
isn't present in ImageReadWriter directly (or any of its subclasses). If we
can "intercept" that part of the process for GIFs, we can introduce a
custom "open" command that will display and AnimatedImageMorph if there are
multiple frames, or a regular ImageMorph/SketchMorph if there is only a
single frame. I'm just having a bit of trouble tracking down the "flow"
from the time of clicking an image file in the file list...

--
Eric