[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Multilingual-lrnp.283.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun May 8 04:02:28 UTC 2022

I downloaded a 21674-64bit image and it did not have any convertor issue - on Raspberry Pi linux. Updating to 21736 did not change that. I just tried downloading the 21763 to run on iMac and that had no problem either. Your screenshot makes me think you are on Mac - what OS version? My iMac is very old and currently running Catalina.

> On 2022-05-07, at 6:58 PM, Lauren Pullen <drurowin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 2022-05-06T11:10:27+02:00, marcel.taeumel at hpi.de wrote:
>> Hi Lauren --
>>
>> I just downloaded
>> http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-21727-64bit/
>>

>> and then checked "UTF8TextConverter allInstances"
>> and did not find a broken instance.
>>
>> I already did a full reset in the postscript of
>> Multilingual-mt.281
>
> Huh. Weird. There's definitely a UTF8TextConverter that misbehaves
> coming from LanguageEnvironment when I download trunk images. Calling
> #initialize on that one instance does the trick for making the MNU go
> away, as it's the only TextConverter that's broken.
> <Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 19.16.04.png>

tim
Oxymorons: Tight slacks