[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Multilingual-lrnp.283.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue May 10 09:15:30 UTC 2022

Hi Lauren --

> Out of curiosity, what do you mean by checkpoint?

Post-scripts are only executed when they changed. Just like class-side #initialize. So, each time you change a post-script, make sure to update the "update map" with a list of coherent package versions, including that updated post-script. Then you can make sure that while updating the image that changed post-script is recognized as such and executed.

That's why you can safely delete all the contents of a prior post-script if you want to write a new one. It's contents have most likely been executed already during the update process.

Best,
Marcel
Am 09.05.2022 21:24:31 schrieb Lauren Pullen <drurowin at gmail.com>:
Hi Marcel,

On 5/9/22 09:10, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> This does the trick. I will commit it as soon as source.squeak.org is working again:
>
> TextConverter class >> #cleanUp: aggressive
>
> aggressive ifTrue: [
> self allSubclassesDo: [:converterClass |
> converterClass initializeTables.
> converterClass allInstancesDo: [:converter |
> self flag: #discuss. "mt: Ensure to update all instances to make the optimization work. See #installLineEndConvention: and #decodeString:."
> (converter instVarNamed: #latin1Map) = "not == !"converterClass latin1Map
> ifTrue: [
> converter instVarNamed: #latin1Map put: converterClass latin1Map "i.e., == !".
> converter instVarNamed: #latin1Encodings put: converterClass latin1Encodings "i.e., == !"]]]].
>
> Then we should add "TextConverter cleanUp: true" to the postscript + checkpoint.

Looks like the postscript already has "TextConverter cleanUp: true", so
that's one less thing to change.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by checkpoint?