[squeak-dev] Improving visibility of comments in Shout renders code within SqueakTheme

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon May 16 16:12:27 UTC 2022

Hi all,

-0.5. :-)

No ultra-strong opinion here, but in general, comments are an inherent part of Smalltalk. As code and comments tell a shared story together, I'm not convinced by separating both from each other even more. Italic has a "virtual", "artificial", or "auxiliary" connotation to me, as opposed to "normal" or "real" code.

Regarding unterminated comments, which are rendered as italic indeed at the moment, I never found it intuitive that something becomes italic because you forget a missing quote. Maybe we could remove this emphasis as well. We also do not apply special emphasis to unterminated expressions with a missing closing bracket.

Best,

Christoph