[squeak-dev] Difference between Tools and Apps menu?

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Sun May 22 14:49:04 UTC 2022

Hi Jaromir,

I do not have an authoritative answer from a user perspective, but the
tools menu is hardcoded in TheWorldMainDockingBar toolsMenuOn:, whereas
applications can register their own entries in the apps menu via
TheWorldMenu class >> registerOpenCommand:. Moreover, what appears under
"Apps" also appears under "open..." in the World menu. Or rather the
other way around (-: what is registered under World open appears under Apps
as well.

For me Tools are the development tools, whereas Apps can be anything that
runs in Squeak.

Kind regards,
Jakob