[squeak-dev] OH NO!!! .morph format change?

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Thu Nov 10 21:28:06 UTC 2022

Oh dear. Big trouble. I use Squeak for artistic work, and rely crucially
on .morph files to preserve my content. (Since you changed the format at
one point for projects and didn't provide a way to convert, ahem ahem
ahem ...)

I have a morph saved under Squeak 4.3 and am trying to load it into Squeak
6.0. I am getting an error from SmartRefStream>>verifyStructure that there
is a missing key, #DisplayObject.

HELP!!! How do I convert .morph files to the format used by 6.0???

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!: When you guys change a format like this, please
give a thought to us content developers.

-Thanks in advance, Jim