[squeak-dev] Posits

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Fri Nov 11 23:09:32 UTC 2022

Hi Marcel--

 > Hmm... Patrick just pointed out to me that this critique addresses
 > Unum I. "Posits" are Unum III (Wikipedia link).

      Sure, the Wikipedia article is where I noticed the critique. Not
all of its criticisms are addressed by Unum II and III. And it's still
interesting, given who wrote it. :)  I think posits are lovely, and I've
never enjoyed dealing with IEEE 754, but it's not clear to me that the
resource-use discussion is closed.

 > Hmm...

      What are you trying to say?

-C

--
Craig Latta        :: research computer scientist ::
Black Page Digital ::     Berkeley, California    ::