[squeak-dev] Squeak 6 on SqueakJS

Vanessa Freudenberg vanessa at codefrau.net
Sat Nov 26 21:10:06 UTC 2022

Oh yes I noticed that. I guess the 32MB headroom is  not enough with a high
res display …

https://github.com/codefrau/SqueakJS/blob/a947f96a3fdf7473582d6b359cadd89db96cea72/vm.image.js#L70

SqueakJS artificially limits the amount of memory used, like old Squeak VMs
used to do, partly because there’s no way to query the actual available
memory size via JavaScript.

Not sure what the best way is to deal with that. Maybe if we run out of
room we should do a full GC, and if that didn’t help, increase the
headroom?

Vanessa