[squeak-dev] Encoding issue with pipermail archives

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Nov 28 13:39:19 UTC 2022

Hi,

> (Note that this bug report is independent of the multipart encoding issue I analyzed in http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2022-November/222729.html which turned out to be my fault.)

Here is a second, slightly related issue: The notification mails by commits at source.squeak.org itself does not describe the charset of its messages, for instance in this message: http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2021-November/217286.html#:~:text=Same%20as%20in%20CodeHolder

This leads to exactly the problem described above, that is, in the monthly archive files, the special character in the patch is replaced by a U+FFFD replacement char.

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk