[squeak-dev] wrt debugger flexibility

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Nov 28 17:30:19 UTC 2022

Hi Lauren,

Squeak Exceptions have a resumption mechanism. See Exception>>#resume:, or ProvideAnswerNotification and BlockClosure>>#valueSupplyingAnswers: for a common example.

There is no UI integration for this, yet. However, this idea already has been mentioned on the list earlier, this would definitely be a sweet feature. Note that for #notYetImplemented, #doesNotUnderstand:, et al., the debugger already defines a variable button. See senders of #createImplementingMethod. However, this mechanism has not yet been generalized, i.e., by dispatching it to the original exception.

Best,

Christoph