[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Chronology-Core-dtl.80.mcz

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Nov 29 12:03:46 UTC 2022

> But it turned out to be a non-issue, nothing got broken and nobody had any problems with it at all.

Well, Squeak Inbox Talk displayed dates in the wrong timezone since then until I noticed, but I have fixed that now. :-) What I want to say with that is, I would not assume that everyone who detects a bug or a breaking change will report it to the mailing list. I think (at least I hope?) that there is a notable part of the community that does not actively engage on the mailing list. Maybe someone also will update a package five years from now from Squeak 6.0 to Squeak 7.0 and stumble about that breaking change. But as mentioned earlier, I think that a simple entry in the release notes will be fine.

Best,
Christoph