[squeak-dev] All mczs have disappeared from source.squeak.org

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Fri Oct 7 15:45:16 UTC 2022

Great! I too look forward to hearing Tips and Guidance Welcome! I
totally and wholeheartedly agree! Welcome!

I started thinking about persistence. Kafka would excel at this, fault
tolerant, replicated and durable. I am unsure whether a directory of
files could be used as partition persistence...perhaps the Kafka events
sector block written are links that could be used by an Installer to
install a package in the squeaksource directory structure.

Further, I thought the way to approach ameliorating the shortage of FDs,
which max out per machine, is to use a redirector to load balance the
servicing machines and having a distributed image would be helpful, as
well as a multi-threaded vm running separate Vats on different native
threads, But the FD shortage issue is a big concern for my system as well.

I look to use Kafka replication with EventualLinda, yet without
persistence, and eventual references and whenReactors: to use
Capabilities-sending style. With remote promises it becomes distributed
amount Vats. As FDs are machine restricted, I'm interested in the many
Vat cluster experimentation. I wish to send replicated double-encrypted
traffic through third party bridging services and have more than 1
replicated PartitianSession separate stacks to different vats, talking
to the same unique receivers of services responding to messages from
senders. A Replicating Session would balance the PartitianSessions to
*ensure fault-tolerant* eventual message sends, responses and GC
traffic, for remote promises. The services would have multiple
connections to it from the same sender and using a distributed
EventualLinda the broadcast consumer service instances running as a
distributed fail-safe application. I.E. SqueakSource.

It's all going to take a minute! ^,^

Tips and guidance welcome.

Have a good one; keep it, light.
Kindly,
rabbit

Sent from Callisto House :: decentralized mobile homeless solutions