[squeak-dev] Hey hi yo! Was ist mit euch allen los?

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Sat Oct 8 18:14:01 UTC 2022

Gleíchfalls!

So I was needing to journal with y’all on my designs…also Ich verde.

Some of my designing and planning short-term task list.

Set the stage, rabbit
> [1] ESqueak Design -https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1nty27qxu4h6ac/ESqueak%20Design.pdf?dl=0
>
>> Installer ss project: 'Cryptography'; install: 'ESqueak.release.1'.

Tips and guidance welcome, iikhwa!

—-

1) Get ASN1 working
2) Update ASN1 tags
3) Start using ESSTYLE -> Eventual-Sending STYLE
4) Provide #asTuple and #asTupleIncoming:
5) Work up ELinda
6) Switch  … to use ELinda

—-

EncryptedArchivedSubspaces persist as

—-

1) Get ASN1 working.

ASN1Tags

—-

2) Update ASN1 tags
- EventualMessages
- AbstractEventuals
- PTProtocolMessages
- RemoteMessages

—-

3) Start using ESSTYLE -> Eventual-Sending STYLE
#eventual: tuple (forwards to #eval: tuple)
#when: tuple then: reactor (ELinda outTuple registration)

ETraceMonitor eventualize
EStateMachines (class?) eventualize
ASN1EModule eventualize
ThunkStack eventualize
PTSecureSecureSession eventualize

4) Provide #asTuple and #asTupleIncoming:

5) Work up ELinda
ThunkStack exceptions
/Eventual Failure handling
/RetryPolicy

ETupleSpace sups ELinda;
/ESubspace subs ELinda
/ESubspace concrete impl
//still needs mutexes, running in a vat? Nope.
/:/eventualize ELinda with CCP
//no mutexz
ETupleSpace #asTupleStrategerizedMatcherSpec

ETupleSpace sups ELinda;
/ESubspace subs ELinda
/ESubspace concrete impl
//still needs mutexes, running in a vat? Nope.
/:/eventualize ELinda with CCP
//no mutexz
ETupleSpace #asTupleStrategerizedMatcherSpec
ESubspaceArray
/ESubspacePlugin
/ETupleMatchPlugin?
//Is a Tuple itself an ESubspaceArray?
///Every Object instVars?

6) Switch  … to use ELinda.
- ASN1Module (type registry - out&rd)
- Scope (object tables - out&rd)
- AbstractEventual to use ELinda (pending sends + matcher registrations)

ASN1EModule
//types in sub spaces…—/ASN1EModule>>#sub:)\—-

All objects forward to the activeProcess’s vat. Basic Object *ELinda’s API all forward to the vat’s ELinda super.

ELinda; is it just a lookup 👀👁?
Linda’s #eval: “persists” and #justEval:‘s “transient”

    Object
    ESubspace subclasses from Array?, which has the public ELinda-API ESending, #eval:

ESubspace>>#eval: block

    ^ self vat eval: block

So #sub: is the key to correct Subspace selection…da key, frères et soeurs med amis!

—-

5) Use E-API #identityHash & #becomeForwards:preserveIdentity:

Have a good one; keep it, light.
Kindly,
rabbit

Sent from Callisto House Mobil :: decentralized mobile homeless solutions