[squeak-dev] Traits use to provide class protocol in a browser?

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Mon Oct 10 14:20:15 UTC 2022

Some points of clarity, Jakob:

> 10) ETraits
> - concrete ERef subs 4 specific services
> - browsable
> - method overrides
> - remote discovery
> - immediate push updates on changes

Becomes
 10) ConcreteServiceFarRef subclasses
- engineer a distributed code export ! import facility
- …

>> No, I have not looked at the Prolog implementation.
>
> Not I, either, aside from knowing a PrologCompiler is defined and the Browser supports different Compilers for different languages. With this eventual-sending extension to the core Smalltalk execution paradigm (immediate message passing vs eventual sending), I don’t think it rises to the level of requiring a new Compiler yet I am totally open and welcoming toward being convinced to change my mind, always!

For taking a quick look-see at my I’ll-fated and abandoned attempts to define Compiler and VM support for imagined new byte codes for E-SSE, please visit the Promises project on SqueakSource at the packages: SqueakELibCompiler and SqueakELibVM, with the associated near and far SqueakELib

That is all.

—
Have a good one; keep it, light.
Kindly,
rabbit
🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇

Sent from Callisto House Mobile
:: decentralized mobile homeless solutions