[squeak-dev] Make the trunk stream more discoverable? (was: Docs on Contributing to Squeak)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Oct 13 22:58:34 UTC 2022

My original thought in starting this thread was simply that a new
user starting with a release image may not be aware that they can
easily follow the trunk, and they might not know that they can open
a preference browser to do so. If you are in a classroom setting
then someone will explain it to you, but if nobody is around to
tell you about it, then how would you know?

Yes I know that having newbies updating from the trunk is likely
to result in "why is my package dirty" questions, but that's OK
and maybe it will motivate us to find better ways to keep the
update stream clean.

Dave