[squeak-dev] [ANN] Objectland - The Worlds of Squeak

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Oct 18 17:57:12 UTC 2022

Hi all! :-)

I just finally uploaded the last missing piece of Objectland (aka "The Worlds of Squeak") to the Trunk today! See MorphicExtras-ct.338. The set of colorful examples for Morphic, Sounds, and more which were inspired by the Squeak 3.7 release image is now completely contained in your up-to-date image. You can open it from the Apps menu in the docking bar, or by selecting the "Demo" category in the object bin.

Some of my personal highlights include the comeback of the BlobMorph, the demonstration of text flows in Morphic, and the ScorePlayerMorph with The Beatles's "Let It Be". I hope you will have some fun exploring and playing with the examples, just like I had a lot of fun while (re)constructing them. It should look well on all common screen sizes (greater than or equal to 800 at 600) and all common scale factors (see ObjectlandTest class>>#generateProjectScreenshots). Like every good project, nothing is ever perfect, so some slips are pretty much expected -- if you discover any, please just report them and I will try to fix them; or just go ahead and contribute your own examples. :-)

Thanks a lot to Marcel (mt), Leon (LM), and Robert (rhi) for their collaboration on this project!

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk