[squeak-dev] GalaxyObject Scenario - remote wiring in promise pipelining during ephemeral 3rd party promise relocation and chaining.

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Fri Oct 21 06:48:45 UTC 2022

Up again, down again. Another night of troubled dreams. Sigh.

Andso, the next couple of slides. Getting into the business, now.

Now Alice knows the 2nd promise, p2 in Alice pointing to the resolution of the #greet: message in Bob is resolving the p1 promise in Carol. So we have one promise p1, being resolved to a 2nd promise p2. So Alice knows p2 is transferring and so she sends a #provideFor: to prepare the transfer of p2 to Carol. As shown it can be seen to provide the reference to the result of the message send, not a reference to Bob as in our previous transfer. No, we are transferring a promise this time, useful to think of as a future reference to a resolved object. It will become an object upon resolution of #greet:.