[squeak-dev] How to clear the changes file?

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Sep 8 20:12:42 UTC 2022

Thanks!

________________________________
Von: Squeak-dev <squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org> im Auftrag von Taeumel, Marcel
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. September 2022 22:05:25
An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
Betreff: Re: [squeak-dev] How to clear the changes file?

condenseChanges
________________________________
From: Squeak-dev <squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org> on behalf of Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2022 9:32:57 PM
To: Squeak Dev <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Subject: [squeak-dev] How to clear the changes file?

Hi all,

probably a simple FAQ, but I did not find a simple answer to it: What would be the easiest way to clear my changes file? The background is that I have a "fresh trunk image" which I open several times a day to test anything out, make some changes to some classes, or install several Metacello packages but eventually close the image without saving. This bloats my changes file. How can I empty it again and remove all old do-its, prior method versions, and so on? The "remove" items in the change list tool do not seem to have any effect for me.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Christoph