[squeak-dev] Virtend demo and ParrotTalk & Remote Promises.

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Sat Sep 10 13:41:41 UTC 2022

Hey Ron, good morning to ya!

I’ve scheduled a demo with you! Here is my ParrotTalk spec for v3.7 [1].

Here is sample code using Async msg sending with Promises, two Async sends followed by a reactor registration:

    ((42 eventual *10) ^ 100)
        whenResolved: [:result |
            Transcript cr;
                show: ‘The result is ‘,
                    result printString]

[1] ParrotTalk v3.7 protocol specification -

>> We are using TCP secure sockets now with our own protocol to do an overlay network to allow for network prioritization.

Do you have a protocol specification I could read?

>>> The overlay network allows us to limit traffic to what is most important.  Since we are not passing a huge amount of data we don't use UDP.

What is this? UDP allows for more bandwidth? Very interesting! Huge amount of data? How much? Live Video?

Have a Good One; Keep it, Light.
Kindly,
rabbit

Sent from Callisto House :: decentralized mobile homeless solutions