[squeak-dev] Make the trunk stream more discoverable? (was: Docs on Contributing to Squeak)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 28 17:10:14 UTC 2022

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 03:23:07PM +0000, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> That's weird, I'm here at 22221. 22111 is the latest image version for
> Squeak 6.0. Do you maybe need to change your image to follow the Trunk
> (Squeak 6.1Alpha) again?

Now that you mention it, this is easy to overlook and I wonder how
many new users even know that the trunk stream is available to them?

Perhaps we could have something like this in a menu, perhaps right
below the "Update Squeak" option in the menu bar:

   (MCMcmUpdater defaultUpdateURL copyAfterLast: $/ ) in: [ :repo | repo = 'trunk' ifFalse: [
      (self confirm: 'Change to master trunk development stream (currently updating from ', repo, ')?')
         ifTrue: [MCMcmUpdater defaultUpdateURL: 'https://source.squeak.org/trunk']]]

Dave