[squeak-dev] Make the trunk stream more discoverable? (was: Docs on Contributing to Squeak)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Sep 28 19:48:12 UTC 2022

Dave is suggesting another option in the menu, not a pop-up thing.

I'd also consider making it part of the dialogue that already pops up at the end of an update -

In the default downloaded state it shows the Url as 'http://source.squeak.org/squeak60'. If we added a button 'update from trunk from now on' this would be reasonably obvious and very easy to use.

> On 2022-09-28, at 12:04 PM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> I would deem an extra pop-up too intrusive. Probably many people use a stable release image deliberately and only want to receive backported patches for that. But maybe we could add a short note into the Transcript or the "updated completed" dialog?

tim
Strange OpCodes: RSC: Rewind System Clock