[squeak-dev] Workspaces and Display Scale

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Sep 29 07:24:09 UTC 2022

Hi Eric

> On 29. Sep 2022, at 00:54, Eric Gade <eric.gade at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tobias,
>
> Can you get me the result of
>
> { DisplayScreen actualScreenScaleFactor .
> Display platformScaleFactor.
> Display uiScaleFactor.
> Display platformScaleFactor.
> RealEstateAgent scaleFactor.
> RealEstateAgent windowScaleFactor }
>
> Before: #(1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1 1.0)
> After: #(2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2 1.0)
>
> Before is when I'm hooked up to my external monitor, in mirroring mode, and my laptop is also open (so things get tiny on its end).

So sanity check passed. Good.

> After is when I've disconnected the laptop and I'm just using it by itself.
>
> One thing I just noticed now -- and perhaps this will help someone reproduce -- is that it only seems to be affecting workspaces that have been minimized. Just now I had an open workspace when I tried it and it didn't seem to be affected, while all of my minimized ones were.

Yep, I can reproduce that, but ONLY going from 1.0 to 2.0 (not vice versa). weird.
I also saw that un-minimizing the minimized workspace leads to the inner Text Morph being off in bounds vertically… seems to be related.

It does not happen for a pure TextMorph, so its something going on with either SystemWindow or PluggableTextMorph(Plug)

Best regards
	-Tobias