[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2023

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Thu Feb 23 15:56:38 UTC 2023

Hi all--

      I'd be happy to serve on the Squeak board again this year.

      I'm excited about the work/play I've been doing[1] with several
Smalltalks using Vanessa Freudenberg's SqueakJS virtual machine, and
with WebAssembly. I'd like to explore the frontiers of polyglot
livecoding with you all. :)  In particular, I think there are
fascinating and impactful new things we can do with Squeak on the Web
platform.

      It would be fun to gather in real-time more often. I enjoyed the
rolling video call I organized for Squeak's 25th birthday, even with the
timezone challenges. Maybe, with the help of other groups, we can start
a ritual of a Squeak breakout room after their main calls. I'd be happy
to do that with the California Smalltalkers group[2]. Perhaps we could
get the UK Smalltalk Users Group interested in post-meeting breakout
rooms, too, in addition to our Discord and Slack channels.

      You can read a bit about my Smalltalk life at [3]. I've been part
of the Squeak community since the beginning, and I'm very grateful!

      thanks again,
      Craig

[1] https://caffeine.js.org
[2] https://meetup.com/california-smalltalkers
[3] https://thiscontext.com

--
Craig Latta        :: research computer scientist ::
Black Page Digital ::     Berkeley, California    ::