[squeak-dev] x86 linux/ubuntu and security limit squeak.conf

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 3 23:35:37 UTC 2023

This has been annoying me for some time but since I'm waiting for yet another TestRunner run I have a moment to whine about it.

On my Pi I have no problems with the /etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf file. Well, none that I know of. If I run a system from commandline there is no complaint about it.

On my x86 ubuntu machine I created the file. It has the same permissions as on the pi, and the same content, and the owner in both cases is root. If I run a system from a commandline the first thing I see is a complaint about needing the damn file!

What can I do to solve this? Is it simply the VM code being mistaken? Is there some other ubuntu related security dance we have to do?

tim
Strange OpCodes: FSM: Fold, Spindle and Mutilate