[squeak-dev] Stripper and/or Whittler for Squeak

Stephen Travis Pope stephen at heaveneverywhere.com
Tue Jan 3 23:35:23 UTC 2023

The idea in Smalltalk-80 was that the 5 lists in the 6-paned browser (i.e., with the package pane) rarely needed scrollbars, i.e., that there would be 12 or fewer items at each level of the hierarchy of packages, categories, classes, protocols and methods (see the screen shot below from Cuis 6).

Of course, for a system with the number of packages that Squeak 6.0 has, there will certainly be packages with many more categories, and categories with more classes, but to start with 80 or so top-level items in the package pane is certainly not an invitation to poke around…

I’m sorry to be complaining, and it’s quite an impressive accomplishment what’s all in there, but a little effort to make it easier to find things would go a long way.

Flame off.

stp

--------

Stephen Travis Pope    Ojai, California, USA

     http://HeavenEverywhere.com
     http://FASTLabInc.com
     https://vimeo.com/user19434036/videos
     http://heaveneverywhere.com/Reflections