[squeak-dev] Monticello Cherry-pick

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 00:36:31 UTC 2023

Hi All, Hi Vanessa,

    does Monticello support the equivalent of git cherry-pick, specifically
to merge a set of commits from one branch of a package into another?  If
not, how would I implement it?  Tom Braun and I are working on two
different branches of VMMaker, his adding incremental old space garage
collection and compaction, mine regular trunk maintennance.  I want to
integrate two recent commits of mine fixing a become bug into Tom's
branch.  Or course I could just file out the changes, but in bringing them
in there would be no common-ancestor check to show me conflicts.

I'm happy to use a script-based approach, and would happily pair with
someone to attempt to implement a UI, perhaps based on a repository
inspector or history view there-from.
best, Eliot