[squeak-dev] reviewing ChatGPT's understanding of Smalltalk

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 19:44:09 UTC 2023

I agree.  Once the mainstream catches on to the huge ROI for boosting their
social cachet, they'll start using it for everything.  A wave of
proliferation of AI-generated content (mostly spam) will overwhelm
human-generated content.  Google has a policy that they don't allow
AI-generated content in search results.  There is a way to detect it, but
just like many other "arms races", there are tools to subvert that
detection.

One guy on youtube said said he uses it to generate presentations which he
then flies somewhere to go present.  Wow.  He said he also uses it to write
his emails.  I couldn't help but wonder, do the people he's writing
to Reply to said emails with their own AI-generated reply?  So what we have
are AI's talking to each other, with the humans increasingly bothered to
even read them.  This is how AI will take over, by us wrapping ourselves in
it voluntarily, not physical force like in the sci-fi movies.

But, it is what it is, and it's not going away.