[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-mt.1186.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Fri Jan 20 17:50:27 UTC 2023

Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-mt.1186.mcz

Name: Tools-mt.1186
Author: mt
Time: 20 January 2023, 6:50:26.795382 pm
UUID: 19c7a120-92c1-fd49-a0fd-96a76f3285c1
Ancestors: Tools-mt.1185

Complements System-mt.1385

=============== Diff against Tools-mt.1185 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Debugger>>initialExtentKey (in category 'initialize-release') -----
+ initialExtentKey
+
+ 	^ { self class name . self isNotifier }!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Debugger>>openFullFromNotifier: (in category 'initialize-release') -----
  openFullFromNotifier: topView
  	"Create a full debugger to replace the given view."

+ 	RealEstateAgent rememberExtentFor: self.
  	self initializeFull.

  	topView model: nil.  "so close won't release me."
  	self breakDependents.

  	^ ToolBuilder default
  		close: topView;
  		open: self label: topView label "Keep the label."!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Inspector>>replaceInspectorWithExplorer (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
  replaceInspectorWithExplorer
  	"Switch to an explorer tool. If there are custom fields, the user can choose to not discard them, which will just spawn a new explorer tool besides this inspector."

  	| window currentBounds |
  	self flag: #todo. "ct: In the long term, we should try to communicate specific selectors (here: #expression) along the observer pattern for requests such as #acceptChanges or #wantToChange instead of exploiting contentsTyped etc."

  	(self okToDiscardCustomFields and: [contentsTyped notNil ==> [self confirm:
  'Changes have not been saved.
  Is it OK to cancel those changes?' translated orCancel: [^ self]]])
  		ifFalse: [^ self object explore].

  	self customFields removeAll.
  	self changed: #contents. "Reset value pane contents before accepting all contents"
  	self changed: #acceptChanges. "We copy the current state anyway. See below."
+ 	RealEstateAgent rememberExtentFor: self.
  	currentBounds := ToolBuilder default class getBoundsForWindow: self containingWindow.

  	"Close first because MVC fiddles around with processes."
  	self changed: #close.

  	window := ToolSet explore: self object.

  	"---- In MVC, the lines after this will not be executed ---"

  	window model setExpression: self expression.
  	ToolBuilder default class setBoundsForWindow: window to: currentBounds.!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MessageSet>>initialExtentKey (in category 'initialize-release') -----
+ initialExtentKey
+
+ 	^ { self class name . windowLabel hash}!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ObjectExplorer>>inspectObject (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
  inspectObject
  	"Switch to an inspector tool."

  	| window currentBounds |
+ 	RealEstateAgent rememberExtentFor: self.
  	currentBounds := ToolBuilder findDefault getBoundsForWindow: self containingWindow.

  	"Close first because MVC fiddles around with processes."
  	self changed: #close.

  	window := ToolSet inspect: self rootObject.

  	"---- In MVC, the lines after this will not be executed ---"

  	window model setExpression: self expression.
  	ToolBuilder findDefault setBoundsForWindow: window to: currentBounds.!