[squeak-dev] 6-Paned browser fixed

Stephen Travis Pope stephen at heaveneverywhere.com
Fri Jan 20 20:25:28 UTC 2023

Hello group,

Back in the PARC days, the "package pane browser" was originally called the 6-pane browser, since it had 6 panes.
The top-level was sometimes called meta-categories, but then the name packages came into use.
The list was pretty standard: Magnitudes, Collections, Streams, etc.
These don’t correspond to “packages” in the normal sense.
The idea was to make it easier to find things (if you can’t find it, you can’t reuse it).
I’m fine with calling it the category-prefix browser or something, as long as it’s not broken by changing how the top-level list is generated.

stp

--------

Stephen Travis Pope    Ojai, California, USA

     http://HeavenEverywhere.com
     http://FASTLabInc.com
     https://vimeo.com/user19434036/videos
     http://heaveneverywhere.com/Reflections