[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-mt.538.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Jan 23 12:21:47 UTC 2023

Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Graphics to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Graphics-mt.538.mcz

Name: Graphics-mt.538
Author: mt
Time: 23 January 2023, 1:21:45.37588 pm
UUID: 0d6f4808-2e2e-494c-9b2c-92f7d0c7a0eb
Ancestors: Graphics-mt.537

Fix issue of leaking file handles in our new GIFReadWriter. I will backport this to 6.0.

Document the misnomer that should not be changed at this point. I think.

=============== Diff against Graphics-mt.537 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: GIFReadWriter class>>formsFromFileNamed: (in category 'image reading/writing') -----
+ formsFromFileNamed: aFilePath
+
+ 	^ self formsFromStream: (FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: aFilePath)!
- formsFromFileNamed: aFile
- 	^ (self on: aFile asDirectoryEntry readStream binary)
- 			readHeader;
- 			readBody;
- 			yourself!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: GIFReadWriter class>>formsFromStream: (in category 'image reading/writing') -----
  formsFromStream: aBinaryStream
+
+ 	| result |
+ 	self flag: #misnomer. "mt: This message does NOT return a collection of forms."
+ 	result := (self on: aBinaryStream)
- 	^ (self on: aBinaryStream)
  		readHeader;
  		readBody;
+ 		yourself.
+
+ 	self flag: #workaround. "mt: Avoid leaking open file handles."
+ 	result close.
+
+ 	^ result!
- 		yourself!