[squeak-dev] Siren9C beta release

Stephen Travis Pope stephen at heaveneverywhere.com
Tue Jan 24 02:55:04 UTC 2023

Hi community,

I’ve just up-loaded updated “beta” releases of Siren9 and CSL7 to GitHub (https://github.com/stpope <https://github.com/stpope/Siren9C>).

If anyone want to try them out; have at it!

The Siren MIDI prims are compiled only for M1-based Mac; I’ll get a couple more platforms made tomorrow.

When it’s a bit more polished, I’ll make new video demos.

Most of what’s left to do is GUI fixes, like getting the region selection in musical scores working again after the Squeak port (loads of VisualWorks code that I can’t use any more…)

I included a pre-built Squeak-6.1-alpha-based Siren image in the release, as well as full sources and a build script.

The best way to get started is to open the pre-built image and go to the workbook and read it, or jump to page 32, which is a demo script that’s all been tested in the new release.

Comments solicited…

stp

--------

Stephen Travis Pope    Ojai, California, USA

     http://HeavenEverywhere.com
     http://FASTLabInc.com
     https://vimeo.com/user19434036/videos
     http://heaveneverywhere.com/Reflections