[squeak-dev] Text editor menu simplified

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Jan 25 00:09:38 UTC 2023

Hi

> On 24. Jan 2023, at 21:28, Stephen Travis Pope <stephen at heaveneverywhere.com> wrote:
>

> Hello Squeakers,
>
> At part 3 of my system simplification, here’s a version of the text editor (StringHolder) editing menu with fewer than 27 top-level items.
> Here are before and after shots:
>
> Before
>
> <code-ed-menu-old.jpg>
>
> After
>
> <code-ed-menu.jpg>
>

> The code is,
>
> <StringHolder class-codePaneMenushifted.st>
>

> The items from the old “more…” menu are in the “browse” and “other” sub-menus.
>
> All of the usual keyboard accelerators and menu search keys work as before.

I just want to give a humble data point.
I never use submenus on the text editor menu.

I user do/debug/print/explore/inspect it.
Sometime button for it, seldom styling.
I would greatly regret not having them on the toplevel.
One submenu for do-it is one too much for me…

I'm not arguing against simplification, I do think however that some items need to be toplevel

Best regards
	-Tobias