[squeak-dev] Text editor menu simplified

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Wed Jan 25 12:42:51 UTC 2023

> However, it is not that easy to just distinguish between "two modes" or
> "two kinds of users:" novices and experts. No, not all experts remember
> all the keyboard shortcuts all the time. They also use menus from time
> to time.
Indeed. And I for example, being a visual person, never use any keyboard
shortcut at all. I prefer menus even in Emacs!

It is important to keep in mind that people, novice or expert, have
wildly different, personal ways to understand, navigate and interact
with software. There is no such thing as single universal good practice,
and no ground for imposing a specific interaction on all.

Stef

BTW I will show how menus are used in muO in the UKSG meeting this evening:
https://www.meetup.com/fr-FR/ukstug/events/cbklbryfccbhc/