[squeak-dev] LDAP 'TLS confidentiality required'

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Mar 9 17:54:17 UTC 2023

> On 2023-03-09, at 2:58 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>

> what's on the other end?

An ubuntu server running whatever it runs; running `ldapsearch` on my local xubuntu-box to connect to ldap://ldap.sagetea.ai works now I have the certificate installed.

> On 2023-03-09, at 4:18 AM, Bruce O'Neel <bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch> wrote:
>
> When I said change to ldaps I meant
>
> ldap://ldap.stupid.com

> ldaps://ldap.stupid.com

Yeah, I tried that too but the LDAPConnection code doesn't have any handling of the scheme and wants only host & port.

> If there is a url parser on the front end then it probably picks the right port number for you.
>
> At the base it is just a host name and a port number to start the connection and then the right protocol.  So often you guess and hope to converge on something that works

Drives one nuts, eh?

tim
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change ready