[Squeak-e] What happened to our Swiki?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 16 17:30:07 CEST 2003

> Guns, ICBMS? ;-). Seriously: so far we've kept the kids off by setting a
> simple password on the front page. As a Swiki is a social environment,
> if we need to look for solutions I'd look for 'advogato-style' solutions
> instead of trying to combine 'everyone can enter and edit' with the
> 'absolutism' of capabilities.

Incidentally, you are talking about policy instead of implementation.
This policy could use capabilities in its implementation.

For example, people with the edit-page capability can edit pages at
will.  People without it must edit in a different way and submit to an
editor.  Editors have an approve-edit capability.

Something like that, I dunno.  The fact that it's distributed over the
web makes it more complicated.

Lex