[Squeak-fr] Re: Helping VWNC

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Lun 19 Avr 13:14:53 CEST 2004

Hi Alain

Basically smalltalk/x is free but you do not get support. This is not
open-source because I imagine that claus was a bit afraid that he could
not sell software, but I guess that this is just because
he is not aware of alternative to GPL.

Smalltalk/X is compatible with VW, it runs well and fast. some stuffs
such as the concurrency model
are better than VW. In fact claus had a threaded UI model long time ago.

For the mailing-list I do not know. It seems that there was a wiki
somewhere. Have you looked at www.exept.de?

Stef