[Squeak-fr] Re: [ANN] [PR] Pier 1.0.0-alpha on SqueakMap

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Sam 19 Nov 15:42:31 CET 2005

stéphane ducasse a écrit :

>> Hi,
>>
>> I just published a first version of Pier (formerly called SmallWiki
>> 2) on SqueakMap, it is still an unofficial and incomplete version,
>> but it is closer to release than ever. Some things are still  missing
>> or incomplete (such as a proper and fully functional  persistency,
>> lots of tests, query engine is probably too  complex ...), but that
>> will certainly improve!
>>
>> The package includes all the requirements to use Pier within a 3.8
>> image, probably it also works in 3.7 and 3.9. The installer will  ask
>> in the beginning if Seaside should be installed, if you tell  so, it
>> will automatically go through all the requirements and load
>> DynamicBindings, KomServices, KomHttpServer, Seaside and
>> Scriptaculous. Then Magritte will be loaded and finally Pier.
>>
>> Start Seaside using "WAKom startOn: 8888" and fire up a browser on
>> "http://localhost:8888/seaside/pier" to play with the system ...
>>
>> Now for those that have an existing image with code and a model
>> inside they want to keep. That is possible as well of course, but  it
>> is not strait-forward: loading the new code from SqueakMap or
>> Monticello won't work, because I renamed package- and class- prefixes.
>> Copy the attached script to a workspace and follow the  instructions
>> step-by-step and everything will magically work. If  you followed the
>> naming conventions of SmallWiki 2 your code will  be automatically
>> updated as well, you just need to publish the new  packages ;-)

What is the meaning of the new name ?

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##