[Squeak-fr] Juste un point

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Mar 7 Juil 16:17:10 UTC 2009

Desole en anglais mais je pense que cela interesse les squeakers
francais que je connais.

Hi guys

After all the mails in Squeak-dev and all these nice words or explicit
suggestions about us been assholes, destructors...
whatever :) I would like to share with you my mindset to you.

We do not want a war, nor world domination. :)
We are doing pharo because Smalltalk deserves a good and beautiful
opensource implementation.
Our goal is not to kill Squeak. Our goal is to provide a vehicule on
top of which people can
invent their future been it
	- multimedia
	- seaside
	- kids
	- research
We need a place to expand beauty. We want that students can get
enthusiast about Smalltalk and not
turned down by some ugly code. We want an agile system with lot of
tests, comments, clean code, driven
bit a lot of good software engineering practices.
I really thank the people that trust us.

Stef

PS: I'm one the guy that wrote 3 squeak book, 1 seaside book (coming
soon), translated etoys in french,
so I'm laughing when people suggest that we are predators.