[SqueakDBX] Re: [Pharo-users] installer bug?

John Toohey jt at parspro.com
Tue Jun 22 22:21:00 UTC 2010

On the lastest Pharo 1.1 the following :-

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX) project version: '1.0') load.

causes a syntax error in Scanner#xLetter. Has anyone installed
GlorpDBX on Pharo1.1?

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:43, Mariano Martinez Peck
<marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Yoandy. As Stef said, the recommended way to install SqueakDBX or GlorpDBX in Pharo is using Metacello.
> You can see read that in this link (please take a look):
>
> http://www.squeakdbx.org/Installation
>
> Right now, to install SqueakDBX you have to evaluate:
>
> Gofer new
>     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX';
>     load.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX) project version: '1.2') load.
>

> And for GlorpDBX:
>
> Gofer new
>     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
>     load.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX) project version: '1.0') load.
>

> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 1, 2010, at 4:21 PM, Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez wrote:
>>
>> > hello:
>> > I'm trying to install SqueakDBX and evaluating 'Installer ss' fails cause squeaksource message is not understood. I got  Installer-Core-nm.357 from squeaksource. Is it a bug or did I just installed the wrong package?. Can anyone please send me the code of squeaksource method so I can fix my working copy?
>>
>> I'm sure that mariano will reply better than me but use
>> the ConfigurationOfxxx in the metaRepository do load it, or Gofer.
>> I'm not sure that Installer is maintained in Pharo and this is not the preferred way.
>>
>> Stef

-JT