[SqueakDBX] Character encoding and pooling in SqueakDBX and Glorp

Panu Suominen panu.j.m.suominen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 17:07:17 UTC 2010

2010/9/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>:
> Few more things:
>
> 1)  PSAutomaticEncoding >>  encoderFor: anObject
> I  think it would be better to be:
> PSAutomaticEncoding >>  encoderFor: aConnection
> Since object DNU queryEncodying, but DBXConnection.

You are right. I thought that same kind of encoding strategy scheme
could be used to some other things as well.
But anObject is too general name.

> 2)   testUTF8IsDetected   fails because there is no implementor of
> runScenario
It needs mocketry to run. I though that I would add some kind of
notice about this
requirement when class is initialized or something, but I runned out
of time to find
out how to do this proprely.

Other option is that I take extra effort to write the test without
mocketry. Is that
better option?

> 3)  TO integrate it, I was thnking I can put the classes of
> 'EncodingStrategy' into a new  'OpenDBX-Core-Encoding'
> And the tests in  'OpenDBX-Core-Tests-Encoding'
> In addition, I have to rename PSAclassName to DBXAclassName. Do you agree
> with this?

Sounds good. I think my changes are so small that licensing them
sounds funny but
because there have been some licensing issues it might be better that
I clearly state that my changes are done under MIT license.

If I remember correctly Glorp uses LGPL? If so then the change to Login
class has to be LGPL too.

--
Panu