[SqueakDBX] Installing on Windows with MSSql backend was Re: [Esug-list] [ANN] ESUG supports once again SqueakDBX

Miguel Sanchez mikey.sanchez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:22:17 UTC 2011

OK so I've had no luck getting to the bottom of the problem so far. I
still get thrown into  "DBXRecovereableError: RECOVERABLE OpenDBX:
Connecting to server failed" when calling DBXConnection>>open.

I can connect with the Windows command-line tsql equivalent
(sqlcmd.exe) so the DB  user and permissions are correct.

I said I was going to try and build from sources instead of the
precompiled binaries.
I've downloaded and installed (finally) MinGW. I've (finally!)
downloaded sources of opendbx 1.4.5 and freetds-0.8.2.

freetds built fine and put the headers in an accessible place. but now
when I try to configure opendbx I get the following:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/opendbx-1.4.5':
See `config.log' for more details.

config.log says the following:

<snip>
configure:3972: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc.exe: unrecognized option '-qversion'
gcc.exe: no input files
configure:3983: $? = 1
configure:4003: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:4025: gcc  /local/include  conftest.c  >&5
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot fin
d C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/include: Permission denied^M
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status^M
configure:4029: $? = 1
configure:4067: result: no
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
<snip>

The directory C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/include exists and is writable by me.

Right now it feels like I'm trying to solve the problem of building
opendbx without knowing if it's getting me any closer to getting
squeakDBX working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Miguel