[SqueakDBX] Re: [opendbx] Mssql connection failed

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:46:48 UTC 2011

Hi alain. I cc'ed also the SqueakDBX mailing list since there were a couple
of guys using SqueakDBX with MSSQL.

Miguel and Diogenes can help you.

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Alain rastoul <Alr.dev at free.fr> wrote:

> I dowloaded opendbx binaries and freetds sources, mingw, msys and
> built freetds. I installed opendbx in my pharo1.3 with the gofer
> script found in docs.
> Connection to my sql server with the freetds tsql utility was ok, but
> from pharo I always got «connection failed» then a crash (pharo
> process exit).

Did you see the dump file to see if there is some info?

> I saw in opendbx docs that from a windows client odbc backend is
> prefered, changed backend of DBXMSSQLPlatform

so the error described is with DBXMSSQLPlatform?  but with DBXOdbcBackend
you could connect ?

> to 'odbc' then
> connection to my server with a system dsn was ok, but I have «unknow
> problem with executeStatement» when I execute a «select * from
> mytable»

wierd...I never seen this.  Do you know who is throwing such an error ?

Is there a better way to proceed with opendbx-mssql?
> Can I connect without a dsn ?

I don't know. I always used SDN.

> Any advice or comments are welcome.
>
> TIA