[Squeakfoundation]Another project - hosting the primary Squeak mailing list

Doug Way squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 02:52:02 -0400

Cees de Groot wrote:

> dway@riskmetrics.com said:
> > On the other hand, if Cees or someone else is willing to set up a
> > reliable list, we could just go with that.
>
> eGroups/Yahoo groups still has ads - ugly HTML banners, even.
>
> I'm willing to host the list (in fact, /any/ Squeak-related list or activity),
> it will be part of the mailing list setup we use to communicate with our
> dealer network so I'm quite positive that we want the thing to stay running
> ;-).

Speaking of mailing lists, my original post in this thread was sent from my laptop which had its date reset somehow (sorry!), and this ended up confusing the SqF list archives in an amusing way.  (see http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeakfoundation/ )  I'm not sure if it's possible to configure the email archiver to base the archiving on the date/time received, rather than the (often bogus) date listed on the email?

- Doug Way
  dway@riskmetrics.com