[Squeakfoundation]Away on a trip

Paul Fernhout squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 20 May 2001 08:31:26 -0400

Cees de Groot wrote:

> Hmmm, dead silence again. Well, as nothing special seems to be happening here
> I think I will take that invitation by IBM and hop over to NY to attend their
> Linux tour....

Cees-

I don't know exactly where the IBM Linux tour stops. However, I live
about an hour north of New York City. So, while I'm sure you'll be busy
on your trip, if you are in the neighborhood and want to chat in person
for an hour or so on the Squeak Foundation when you're over in the USA
let me know. If the tour is based in New York City, I could go into the
city for a short while (7pm - 9pm would be easiest for me). Or is the
IBM Linux tour at an IBM Research facility involved with Linux like
Hawthorne, NY or Yorktown, NY? Those are only a short drive away (and
actually I'm contracting on-site in one of those towns right now).

And of course anyone else on the list interested in the Squeak
Foundation who wants to get together in the New York City / Westchester
County area at that time (or otherwise) is welcome as far as I'm
concerned. Maybe it would be the beginnings of a NY chapter?

Feel free to send me private mail if you want to discuss arrangement
details.

-Paul Fernhout
Kurtz-Fernhout Software
Creators of the Garden with Insight(TM) garden simulator
http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com