[Squeakfoundation]Dan Shafer Email

Dan Shafer squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:39:19 -0700 (PDT)

For the past few weeks I've been experimenting with using Yahoo for my email. I've decided to
discontinue using it. I'll still check it, but not as frequently.

Please use (or revert to using) dan@gui.com as my primary email address. That will be checked
every 30-60 minutes throughout each day.

Just in case you've experimented similarly or wondered about it, here's a quick thumbnail of why I
decided to switch:

1. Yahoo is sometimes painfully slow.
2. Yahoo limits file transfers to 1.5MB.
3. Yahoo limits disk space to 6.0 MB and charges for additional disk storage
4. Sending attachments is ludicrously slow because they insist on pre-scanning all files and seem
to have limited capacity to do so.

Thanks.

=====