[Squeakfoundation]So....

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
6 Apr 2002 12:10:21 +0200

ducasse <ducasse@iam.unibe.ch> said:
>I would like to know a bit if the foundation is making progress from its
>infrastructure point of view as a self organizing entity or if we are all
>waiting that Dan does something. I imagine that Dan has only day of 24 hours
>like any of us, so if we really to see something happening we might need to
>wake up a bit.

I've been trying three times to get Dan and Andrew to give me an update of the
legal issues, to no avail - either I don't get an answer, or "too busy right
now, I'll be back...".

So I've turned my attention to Europe for now, where local Squeak
communities are starting up - in Germany they're close to founding the Squeak
e.V. (eingetragene Verein, dunnow what the US variant of a not-for-profit
association is), a bylaws proposal is up, and I think in the coming weeks (but
surely before I get an answer from Dan and Andrew) we'll see this German body
instituted. Talks are already underway to broaden the scope of this community
to Europe, and I think we might just as well include the US in that :-)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>