[Squeakfoundation]So....

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
14 Apr 2002 12:04:01 +0200

stephane ducasse (home) <ducasse@iam.unibe.ch> said:
>I think that this is important to have a structure so that it can receive
>funds.
>So any action in this direction is good. Who originally sign for this task?

I think I'm the 'owner' of the task, but from the Netherlands there's
not much actual stuff I can do. At the moment I'm trying to set up a
conference call with Dan and Andrew on this topic (both of them are
extremely busy, one with hanging around in court and the other with
building weather stations - now that builds a lot of trust for the future
of SqueakF ;-}). I'd be happy to include OP into that, because I think we'll
need to go ahead just like seems to be happening with the German/European
counterpart - in an XP manner: first setup a regular general purpose
organization, start working, and figure out what bylaws you *really* want in a
year or so when stuff is running.

This work is not Andrew's specialization, although he did promise to try to
get one of his colleagues who is into the loop (pro bono), so someone with
actual hands-on experience might help speeding things up (as far as I'm
concerned, I'm still committed to Dan's self-imposed deadline of June).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>